High School Students
We have found that students benefit the most from our personalized comprehensive package, which enables us to build relationships with our students and provide virtually unlimited support. However, we also offer targeted, hourly very specific services.
To find out more about our A La Carte services, click HERE.
All our counseling sessions are provided online.
We help students develop the following skills:
• time management
• deepening self-knowledge
• being ok with rejection
COMPREHENSIVE COLLEGE COUNSELING
Our signature Comprehensive College Counseling program is designed to meet the needs of rising seniors as they identify, research and apply to 6-8 great fit colleges. Ours is a student-driven process that encourages accountability and student ownership of the process. This flat-fee program consists of multiple one-on-one virtual meetings with a GCF counselor. The meetings, which last about an hour (and usually begin in May of the student’s junior year) take place over many months. On average, students receive over 20 hours of personalized guidance. At Great College Fit, we help students identify colleges that will be the right fit for them based on their own unique educational, social, and personal goals and needs.
- Identifying personal interests
- Guided college major exploration
- Advice and guidance on developing a realistic college list
- Assessing admission probability
- Development of a personalized application timeline
- Devising several different submission strategies
- Creating a personalized, thematic application
- Support in organization and accountability
- Personalized preparation for admissions interviews
- Guidance on how (and when) to secure letters of recommendation
- Assistance with completing error-free applications, including the Common Application
- Assistance with writing, revising, and perfecting winning personal statements
- Providing support for parents who need an ally
- And much more
In our comprehensive counseling program, students benefit from personalized guidance and counseling; parents benefit from the peace of mind that comes with knowing their student is supported through the entire process–from beginning to end.
Students and families of younger students (grades 8-10) who have questions about college admissions, high school planning and extracurricular participation can schedule a one-hour consultation with a Great College Fit counselor. Parents and students can get answers to all of their college admissions-related questions, as well as receive guidance and insight into maximizing the student’s high school years.