Comprehensive College Counseling services include:
- Overview and support regarding the college admissions process, including what colleges are looking for, current admissions trends, and the importance of developing a well-researched, balanced, realistic college list.
- Thorough review of the the student’s academic and test records–including activities and interests–to develop a list of great fit colleges
- Self assessment to help the student to understand and appreciate his/her individual strengths, interests, learning style attributes, academic and career goals and preferences for types of college environments
- Guided college research to determine multiple best-fit colleges.
- Preparing for effective college interviews-when applicable
- SAT or ACT? Choosing and scheduling standardized tests
- Preparing resumé
- Brainstorming, writing, and editing the personal statement and supplements as needed
- Selecting high school classes
- Choosing co-curricular activities
- Developing leadership opportunities
- Development of a strategic approach to applying, including use of binding and non binding admission plans (ED 1, ED 2, EA, Rolling and Regular) and timing, to maximize options
- Intense review of all applications prior to submission
- Assistance in understanding how to secure great letters of recommendation.
- Getting everything done early–well before deadlines.
- Parent financial aid overview
- Student Transitioning to College workshop to prepare students for a smooth college transition.
CAPP PROGRAM Services:
- Development of a comprehensive student profile
- Thorough review of the the student’s academic and test records
- Guidance on standardized test selection, calendaring and preparation
- Development of a personalized four-year academic plan
- Study skills assessment and instruction
- Personal interest exploration
- Community service, volunteer, summer program planning
- Regular academic check-ins
- Assistance in developing self-advocacy skills
- Explanation of the college admissions process
Please note: While our counselors guide the student in preparing all parts of the college applications,
every application is exclusively the work of the student.