Right about now, high school seniors around the country are biding their time until they hear back from all their colleges. Time will pass at its own pace, and although there is nothing students can do to speed up the process, they should definitely consider doing the following:
- Maintain the highest grades possible. Stay focused on your classes this spring.
- Don’t drop any challenging high school courses. If you do, be sure to notify the schools to which you applied to let them know your courses have changed.
- Carefully read all emails you receive from your colleges. Send in all required documents. If you have questions, CALL THE SCHOOL and ask the admissions department.
- Remain calm. Try to remember that it will all work out the way it is supposed to.
- Focus on your last few months in high school. Make good decisions and enjoy your time with friends and family.
- Remember that what a particular college decides about you is NOT a reflection of who you are or who you will become. It’s 100% a reflection on their institutional needs.
- Breathe, meditate, exercise. Do what is in your control to manage this stressful time.